This is a classic stainless steel finish combination of side by side refrigerator and freezer with an option of tubular and pro handles and also an overlay finish that has an option for flush inset design. It is a product by Sub Zero, with the model number of BI-42S.
The Sub Zero BI-42S is a 42 inch built-in combination of side by side refrigerator and freezer with a retail price of $8,535 – $10,030.
Here is a long distance photo of it, in a good looking kitchen:
- Overall Dimensions:
- Door Clearance:
Standard: 26 5/16”
Flush Inset: 26 13/16″
- Opening Width: 41 1/2”
Flush Inset Width: 44”
- Opening Height: 83 3/4”
Flush Inset Height: 84”
- Opening Depth: 24”
Flush Inset Depth: 26 3/16”
- Dual refrigeration system ensures that food remains fresh and that it is energy efficient.
- Electronic microprocessor constantly monitors entire unit to ensure proper food storage environment.
- Air purification system reduces odors, bacteria, viruses and ethylene gas.
- Microbiological water filtration system filters bacteria, viruses and sediment, but not fluoride.
- Illuminated touch control panel.
- Bright interior lighting throughout, including storage drawer area.
- Adjustable spill-proof glass shelves, door shelves and dairy compartment.
- Soft-close crisper and deli drawers form a slightly lower temperature zone than the rest of the fridge, that is ideal for veggies, fresh fruits and meat.
- Easy-access flip-up grille.
- Informational freshness cards.
- Max ice feature increases production for a 24-hour period.
- Grilles for 83″ or 88″ finished height (84″ is standard).
- Framed front panels in white and stainless steel.
- Flush inset panels in stainless steel with tubular or pro handles.
- Side panel in white and stainless steel.
- Stainless steel kickplate.
- Framed grille insert and full-length handles.
- Stainless steel tubular and pro handles.
- Dozen egg container.
- Replacement air purification cartridge and water filter.
- Retrofit kit for 600 Series panels.
- 90° door stop.
- 16.0 cu ft Capacity
- Air Purification System
- 4 Adjustable Glass Shelves
- 1 Stationary Glass Shelf
- 1 High-Humidity Drawer with Divider
- 2 Storage Drawers with Divider
- 3 Adjustable Door Shelves
- 2 Stationary Door Shelves
- Adjustable Dairy Compartment
- 8.0 cu ft Capacity
- Water Filtration System
- Automatic Ice Maker
- 3 Adjustable Wire Shelves
- 1 Stationary Solid Shelf
- 3 Storage Drawers
- 5 Adjustable Door Shelves
The Sub-Zero BI42S is part of the refrigerator test program at Consumer Information. In their lab tests, built in refrigerator systems like the BI42S are rated on numerous standards, such as those below.
This integrates results of examinations determining the accuracy of initial temperature setups in addition to how well a design:
1) kept the best possible temperatures in the refrigerator and freezer at the same time
2) kept temperature levels throughout each compartment
3) kept temperature levels steady with modifications in area temperature levels
4) sustained set temperature levels even with extremely high area temperature levels.
This shows electricity usage (based on their examinations) each cubic foot of gauged functional storage room. As an example, two refrigerators with the exact same electricity expense annually might have various electricity efficiency – the unit with even more storage area being a lot more reliable.
Sound degree was determined when the compressor launched and during steady running. Very subjective judgments by a panel of audiences supported their noise-meter readings.
See more product prices and product reviews.